Eraserhead
May 7, 02:47 AM
Not sure what's medically relevant about owning or not owning a gun, but still, why penalize a doctor for asking and not, say, a teacher, clergyman, mechanic, dry cleaner, etc.? It doesn't make any sense.
Because guns are dangerous, and people who are mentally unstable shouldn't be allowed to have them.
Exactly the same applies to driving.
Because guns are dangerous, and people who are mentally unstable shouldn't be allowed to have them.
Exactly the same applies to driving.

jrtc27
Apr 30, 03:45 AM
No, because then as pointed out by your MS friend, it would be Windows NT 6.1 ;) Your blog post even says it doesn't make sense, so I don't see how "MS gave you info" when your "source" says it doesn't make any sense.
The reason why it is 6.1 is to maintain compatibility with software/drivers that worked in Vista - they did not want another Vista moment!
I don't get why everybody hates this UI change - I personally think it looks a lot better and people will not get confused:).
The reason why it is 6.1 is to maintain compatibility with software/drivers that worked in Vista - they did not want another Vista moment!
I don't get why everybody hates this UI change - I personally think it looks a lot better and people will not get confused:).
benjayman2
Apr 9, 09:21 PM
Yeah I just finished setting it up and i'm uber pleased! I'm in love with the shelves on the side, although give it a week and they will be crammed :p
Good choice. The GF and I love ours. it has been a godsend for organization.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9141/img0451ka.jpg
Good choice. The GF and I love ours. it has been a godsend for organization.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9141/img0451ka.jpg

excalibur313
Jan 9, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have any idea why I wouldn't get sound when I play this file? The video comes in wonderfully...
more...
vincenz
Apr 21, 10:38 AM
Can we use this in the future to vote people off the island? :D

rockosmodurnlif
Mar 28, 04:40 PM
1) Do you want to make things that are "insanely great".
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
Because my understanding of awards is that they are usually given to encourage and reward the best, not the best of a subset, but the best of all.
If the majority of previous award winners are NOT in the app store, it would suggest that these awards will NOT be to encourage or reward the best, but rather as a cynical marketing tool. So what is it Apple, are you cynical marketeers, or are you creators of and encouragers of that which is insanely great?
Are "insanely great" & "making money" mutually exclusive?
The majority of the 2009 winners are not in the App Store per the developers choice. There were no awards in 2010. It's obvious this is Apple's game. If there were an App Store in the majority of those apps would not have won.
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
Because my understanding of awards is that they are usually given to encourage and reward the best, not the best of a subset, but the best of all.
If the majority of previous award winners are NOT in the app store, it would suggest that these awards will NOT be to encourage or reward the best, but rather as a cynical marketing tool. So what is it Apple, are you cynical marketeers, or are you creators of and encouragers of that which is insanely great?
Are "insanely great" & "making money" mutually exclusive?
The majority of the 2009 winners are not in the App Store per the developers choice. There were no awards in 2010. It's obvious this is Apple's game. If there were an App Store in the majority of those apps would not have won.
more...
Scott6666
Apr 8, 02:45 PM
I bet it is simply..."We have the iPad 2 in stock and no one else does. Come get one."
If they wanted to hold stock, they could keep them in the warehouse until their special promo. It's weird shipping them to the store and telling them to hold.
If they wanted to hold stock, they could keep them in the warehouse until their special promo. It's weird shipping them to the store and telling them to hold.

johnnyturbouk
Apr 7, 04:37 PM
http://www.original-gamer.com/og/images/shogun2boxcover.jpg
can nit wait to play on bootcamp
can nit wait to play on bootcamp
more...

kiljoy616
Jul 22, 11:57 PM
Apple is doing what they need to do to defend themselves against the smear job put out by the haters in the media and tech sites aligned against them.
You would fight back to if it were your....well you probably wouldnt.
Most people hide in the closet so your right they would not fight back.
You would fight back to if it were your....well you probably wouldnt.
Most people hide in the closet so your right they would not fight back.
iphone3gs16gb
Apr 26, 08:59 AM
This guy was more than capable of defending himself...
more...
appleforever
Aug 7, 04:02 PM
Sweet. $500 for the 20" with the edu discount??
What school. I logged in under education and it is $649 for the 20".
What school. I logged in under education and it is $649 for the 20".
TheMacBookPro
Mar 18, 09:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Thats some pretty narrow minded thinking there buddy.
Not your buddy, tyvm.
I'm just posting about some harassment I've been experiencing because of the phone I've purchased and was wondering if other iPhone owners have experienced it, and by judging from the responses a lot have.
You should've searched before creating a new thread. This forum gets one of these 'omg what's wrong with people who prefer their own phone' and 'the iPhone is the best WTF is wrong with android users' every few days.
I already feel great about my purchase, and I haven't been here long enough to know if the users are fanboys. Judging from the responses I'd say these guys seem pretty fair. Pretty judgemental and silly post in my opinion.
Because they're agreeing with you (surprise, surprise). I'd say people are fair too if they blindly agreed to everything I say.
And my post is silly? Pot, kettle if I ever seen it ;)
I couldn't exactly call myself an Apple 'fanboy' either. If HTC made a better phone I'd gladly go pick it up, but I'm simply posting my experiences.
Fair enough. Most people on here refuse to think that anyone other than Apple can make a good phone.
Just curious now- what HTC phone was your friend using to play angry birds @2fps? I had no idea that HTC made a worse android phone (compared to the original G1).
Thats some pretty narrow minded thinking there buddy.
Not your buddy, tyvm.
I'm just posting about some harassment I've been experiencing because of the phone I've purchased and was wondering if other iPhone owners have experienced it, and by judging from the responses a lot have.
You should've searched before creating a new thread. This forum gets one of these 'omg what's wrong with people who prefer their own phone' and 'the iPhone is the best WTF is wrong with android users' every few days.
I already feel great about my purchase, and I haven't been here long enough to know if the users are fanboys. Judging from the responses I'd say these guys seem pretty fair. Pretty judgemental and silly post in my opinion.
Because they're agreeing with you (surprise, surprise). I'd say people are fair too if they blindly agreed to everything I say.
And my post is silly? Pot, kettle if I ever seen it ;)
I couldn't exactly call myself an Apple 'fanboy' either. If HTC made a better phone I'd gladly go pick it up, but I'm simply posting my experiences.
Fair enough. Most people on here refuse to think that anyone other than Apple can make a good phone.
Just curious now- what HTC phone was your friend using to play angry birds @2fps? I had no idea that HTC made a worse android phone (compared to the original G1).
more...

funkypepper
May 1, 05:56 AM
Can anyone confirm is there a Turkish localization in this build?

QuarterSwede
Apr 25, 12:21 PM
Fake. Display looks like paper / printed.
It looks like a retina display to me. People often thought the display was paper on first glance on the demo units after the iPhone 4 announcement.
Doesn't the status bar look taller? I remember a thread on here talking about how they overheard engineers discussing iOS 5 and that was one of the things that would be different. It was going to allow for an SBSettings type of thing and maybe a place for notifications to scroll? Anyways, cool. But I think this is fake.
It looks about the same as my iPhone 4's status bar.
It looks like a retina display to me. People often thought the display was paper on first glance on the demo units after the iPhone 4 announcement.
Doesn't the status bar look taller? I remember a thread on here talking about how they overheard engineers discussing iOS 5 and that was one of the things that would be different. It was going to allow for an SBSettings type of thing and maybe a place for notifications to scroll? Anyways, cool. But I think this is fake.
It looks about the same as my iPhone 4's status bar.
more...
mahonmeister
Oct 19, 03:34 PM
Open an account with a brokerage.
Pick up the phone or go online and buy stock.
Done.
As far as which brokerage, it's up to you. But I'd really steer clear of any full service brokerage (like Merrill Lynch or Morgan Stanley). They try to rape you on fees. I like Fidelity myself, but Schwab, etrade, etc. are all fine.
Considering the very small amount your investing, fees are a big deal. Try to find one that offers low commision fees.
Oh, and usually there is a minimum dollar amount you need to open an account. I don't know what it is, but it's pretty low.
Finally, considering the small amount your talking about, unless your just doing it for fun, I wouldn't even bother with stock. Just buy an unmanaged S&P index fund. It's mindless and you'll outperform about 90% of the "experts."
Hum. I'll look into an unmanaged S&P index fund. Sounds like a good start. Thanks macidiot.
Pick up the phone or go online and buy stock.
Done.
As far as which brokerage, it's up to you. But I'd really steer clear of any full service brokerage (like Merrill Lynch or Morgan Stanley). They try to rape you on fees. I like Fidelity myself, but Schwab, etrade, etc. are all fine.
Considering the very small amount your investing, fees are a big deal. Try to find one that offers low commision fees.
Oh, and usually there is a minimum dollar amount you need to open an account. I don't know what it is, but it's pretty low.
Finally, considering the small amount your talking about, unless your just doing it for fun, I wouldn't even bother with stock. Just buy an unmanaged S&P index fund. It's mindless and you'll outperform about 90% of the "experts."
Hum. I'll look into an unmanaged S&P index fund. Sounds like a good start. Thanks macidiot.

schwell
Oct 8, 09:56 PM
About 2 months ago I paid an early termination fee and gave up my iPhone because of the dropped calls. I have a Blackberry on Verizon, and consume about 800 minutes a month (peak times, not nights and weekends) and close to 200MB of bandwidth.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
I would not call looking at the web on a blackberry surfing. It is more like wading in a kiddie pool.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
I would not call looking at the web on a blackberry surfing. It is more like wading in a kiddie pool.
more...
DavidLeblond
Sep 8, 12:41 PM
Why does everyone REFUSE to Blame this ignorant Mayor? This mayor they have is a total idiot.
Everyone REFUSES to even hold him partially responsible, instead its easier to blame Bush.
We all no why though, the mayor is black so no one wants to say anything bad.
I'm not refusing to blame the mayor. Him and the governor of Louisiana are complete morons. They're partially to blame for the amount of people who couldn't evacuate before the storm (they made no attempt to help.)
HOWEVER Bush IS partially to blame for the slow federal response. #1 he elected the FEMA heads, neither of which had any clue how to do their job. #2 all of the needed equipment was in Iraq.
Unfortunately the real people to blame were the ones who decided to build a city in a bowl next to the ocean. But they're long dead, so thats no fun.
I've said this many times, EVERYONE ********* up a little (or a lot) during this tragedy.
Everyone REFUSES to even hold him partially responsible, instead its easier to blame Bush.
We all no why though, the mayor is black so no one wants to say anything bad.
I'm not refusing to blame the mayor. Him and the governor of Louisiana are complete morons. They're partially to blame for the amount of people who couldn't evacuate before the storm (they made no attempt to help.)
HOWEVER Bush IS partially to blame for the slow federal response. #1 he elected the FEMA heads, neither of which had any clue how to do their job. #2 all of the needed equipment was in Iraq.
Unfortunately the real people to blame were the ones who decided to build a city in a bowl next to the ocean. But they're long dead, so thats no fun.
I've said this many times, EVERYONE ********* up a little (or a lot) during this tragedy.
bloodycape
Nov 16, 02:06 PM
gamers that want to switch to mac but wont because of intel, which is stupid. AMD fanboys hate intel also(there is a signifigant amount of these people). They still haven't realised that intel has taken the lead again.
I am an AMD fanboy who thinks intel makes great chips, so not every amd fanboy hates intel. Just look at my sig.
I am an AMD fanboy who thinks intel makes great chips, so not every amd fanboy hates intel. Just look at my sig.
.jpg)
dethmaShine
May 2, 12:37 PM
My only question is:
If there was a study that was conducted some time back [more than 2 months back] and got Apple to investigate the issue seriously, why did Apple wait for another study OR another media non-sense to acknowledge the bugs and report to the consumers?
Why did Apple not rectify the problem before? Did Apple already knew about these features or are they simply getting with this crap by calling them "bugs"?
To be honest, this is probably the first time I'm feeling that Apple was trying to play with the consumers privacy and trust. I think Apple just fooled us.
-deth
If there was a study that was conducted some time back [more than 2 months back] and got Apple to investigate the issue seriously, why did Apple wait for another study OR another media non-sense to acknowledge the bugs and report to the consumers?
Why did Apple not rectify the problem before? Did Apple already knew about these features or are they simply getting with this crap by calling them "bugs"?
To be honest, this is probably the first time I'm feeling that Apple was trying to play with the consumers privacy and trust. I think Apple just fooled us.
-deth
BRLawyer
Sep 12, 06:08 AM
Call me na�ve, but aren't they supposed to receive you?
No, as long as they come to my apartment... ;)
No, as long as they come to my apartment... ;)
zac4mac
Aug 2, 01:33 PM
Lyra - mellow out, we(the USA) have enough people out there P.O.d at us as it is. Like Mel Gibson just said, "It's about existing in harmony in a world that seems to have gone mad."
I'm not fond of DRM, but I see it as a necessary evil for the time being. I buy from iTMSm not for music quality, but for convenience. If I really need quality, I buy the CD and rip. Someday I'm going to archive all my Vinyl - somewhere around 600+ albums, from the 60s-80s; a daunting task I keep procrastinating.
iTMS is not a closed system - music plays, as said on iPods, PCs, Macs, and not mentioned, several Motorola phones. Not as many options as "Plays for Sure", but not as isolated as portayed.
I hope for the folks in France and Scandinavia that they don't force Apple to abandon them. I don't see Apple caving on this issue.
Z
I'm not fond of DRM, but I see it as a necessary evil for the time being. I buy from iTMSm not for music quality, but for convenience. If I really need quality, I buy the CD and rip. Someday I'm going to archive all my Vinyl - somewhere around 600+ albums, from the 60s-80s; a daunting task I keep procrastinating.
iTMS is not a closed system - music plays, as said on iPods, PCs, Macs, and not mentioned, several Motorola phones. Not as many options as "Plays for Sure", but not as isolated as portayed.
I hope for the folks in France and Scandinavia that they don't force Apple to abandon them. I don't see Apple caving on this issue.
Z
kalsta
Apr 30, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the preferences for the scrollbars, folks...I removed it from the article.
You should have made mention of the edit in the actual article. I thought many of the early commenters were making things up until I realised they were just commenting on something from your original post.
You should have made mention of the edit in the actual article. I thought many of the early commenters were making things up until I realised they were just commenting on something from your original post.
ezekielrage_99
Aug 10, 08:44 PM
I thought the Apple Displays might sport an iSight Camera....
Still uping the specs and dropping the price is enough for me :cool:
Still uping the specs and dropping the price is enough for me :cool:
turbobass
Apr 5, 03:27 PM
brilliant! i find myself "surfing" free apps to find certain iAds. I've always wanted a database of all of the iADs in one place to reference and inspire. I see 2 in the macrumors screen shot that I personally have worked on. Cool!
Congratulations sir or ma'am, you are the one human being on the planet who can actually call this "brilliant" and have a use for it that is not completely retarded and/or make me wish a meteor would hit earth.
Congratulations sir or ma'am, you are the one human being on the planet who can actually call this "brilliant" and have a use for it that is not completely retarded and/or make me wish a meteor would hit earth.