sartinsauce
Oct 17, 10:23 AM
3. porn industry choses the cheapest format -> hd-dvd
OKay, so I've heard both sides now. Can anyone say if the "pr0n industry" has chosen a format, and if so, which format have they chosen?
OKay, so I've heard both sides now. Can anyone say if the "pr0n industry" has chosen a format, and if so, which format have they chosen?
xparaparafreakx
Mar 24, 01:21 AM
A bunch of ********* kids I'm guessing. "Oh, lets steal the $400 Xbox instead of the $1500 TV or the laptop." What is this world coming to??
Back when I was about 8, we were jacked. However it was our house and the house next to us. We lost all of our console GAMES, the system still there. The other house lost their console SYSTEM, the games still there. Its nice to know that the world has not changed 10 years later.
Back when I was about 8, we were jacked. However it was our house and the house next to us. We lost all of our console GAMES, the system still there. The other house lost their console SYSTEM, the games still there. Its nice to know that the world has not changed 10 years later.
technicolor
Nov 24, 05:58 AM
so guys,
does anyone think that the discounts will be able to be used in conjunction with educational discounts? if so that'd be great...if not...then i guess you still save an additional 50 bucks? that'd be ok!
tell me what you think about hte question?
In store you should be able to get both discounts.
does anyone think that the discounts will be able to be used in conjunction with educational discounts? if so that'd be great...if not...then i guess you still save an additional 50 bucks? that'd be ok!
tell me what you think about hte question?
In store you should be able to get both discounts.
reflex
Nov 16, 03:59 PM
Maybe AMDs for the low end lines and Core 2 Duo for the high end? What about a Mac Mini with dual AMD X2 for less than $400 with ATI graphic? :D
Sort of what I was thinking. A Turion x2 or maybe an upcoming dual core Sempron (the current one runs pretty cool). Might put the mini back at a $499 starting price.
Sort of what I was thinking. A Turion x2 or maybe an upcoming dual core Sempron (the current one runs pretty cool). Might put the mini back at a $499 starting price.
miles01110
Apr 21, 02:43 PM
oh so Apple being sued isn't bad for Apple? and Apple sueing somebody isn't good for Apple because they are defending their patents? :rolleyes:
oh so those were the only two stories that received votes? :rolleyes:
oh so those were the only two stories that received votes? :rolleyes:
Kent3205
May 3, 08:58 PM
This might be a little off topic but the following comment:
"One of the main promotional points of Android as its popularity has soared has been the unregulated nature of the app marketplaces for the platform."
reminded me that I have some degree of comfort that Apple screens apps so that I don't inadvertently download something which is actually a virus, steals passwords and other personal information, or does something else nasty.
Perhaps I am unduly comforted and there is some iTunes fine print that says they don't check for that sort of stuff. Otherwise I would have thought Apple could have used the "safety" aspect in it's marketing, and created some fear for Andriod users around they really know what they are getting.
In that way iTunes aspp store is sort of a big condom for your iPhone - pure protection.
"One of the main promotional points of Android as its popularity has soared has been the unregulated nature of the app marketplaces for the platform."
reminded me that I have some degree of comfort that Apple screens apps so that I don't inadvertently download something which is actually a virus, steals passwords and other personal information, or does something else nasty.
Perhaps I am unduly comforted and there is some iTunes fine print that says they don't check for that sort of stuff. Otherwise I would have thought Apple could have used the "safety" aspect in it's marketing, and created some fear for Andriod users around they really know what they are getting.
In that way iTunes aspp store is sort of a big condom for your iPhone - pure protection.
dethmaShine
Apr 12, 07:11 AM
For the anti-virus, yes, for office no you get the complete version, as well as MS live.
Depending on where you buy, you actually can get more "full" versions of applications then you do with a mac. I'm not knocking apple or iLife, they're great apps, but you cannot say that a new PC is unusable until you download a lot of apps and such. Dell, HP, etc all come with office and/or other apps. Yeah there's crapware installed and I won't dispute that, but you also get full version apps
I want to compile my PERL app and run a full fledged SLTK software that I have coded for Si-Testchip verficiation.
All I need to do is copy/paste my software and it runs.
Can it on windows? NO.
You seem to be in a different world when you claim that windows PC's have the same 'it just works' attitude. No they do not.
From drivers to miniature downloads, you need a lot.
I have used assembled computers, factory pre-loaded PC's and other laptops.
Right now, I have a w7 laptop from tell which my company got for more than a 1000 pounds -> It just doesn't work. There's too much to fix, too much to find, too much to suffer. Should I fix my computer OR should I worry about my testchip releases?
You are missing some very important points and you act as if you are unaware of the complexities one has to deal with windows PCs.
Depending on where you buy, you actually can get more "full" versions of applications then you do with a mac. I'm not knocking apple or iLife, they're great apps, but you cannot say that a new PC is unusable until you download a lot of apps and such. Dell, HP, etc all come with office and/or other apps. Yeah there's crapware installed and I won't dispute that, but you also get full version apps
I want to compile my PERL app and run a full fledged SLTK software that I have coded for Si-Testchip verficiation.
All I need to do is copy/paste my software and it runs.
Can it on windows? NO.
You seem to be in a different world when you claim that windows PC's have the same 'it just works' attitude. No they do not.
From drivers to miniature downloads, you need a lot.
I have used assembled computers, factory pre-loaded PC's and other laptops.
Right now, I have a w7 laptop from tell which my company got for more than a 1000 pounds -> It just doesn't work. There's too much to fix, too much to find, too much to suffer. Should I fix my computer OR should I worry about my testchip releases?
You are missing some very important points and you act as if you are unaware of the complexities one has to deal with windows PCs.
Geckotek
Dec 14, 03:13 PM
But the fact remains how are they going to exactly implement two separate phones for carriers that use different cell tech, and implement them properly
You act like this is some impossible task that's never been done before. Or is Apple just not as capable as every other cell phone manufacturer in the world?
You act like this is some impossible task that's never been done before. Or is Apple just not as capable as every other cell phone manufacturer in the world?
RMo
Apr 5, 08:53 PM
actually I downloaded it long ago!
Considering it was released on April 5 (that's today), you either:

funny gay quotes.

funny gay quotes.

funny gay quotes. quotes, gay pride stuff,; quotes, gay pride stuff,. thadoggfather. Apr 28, 08:27 PM. some comparisons with my iResQ back:

Gay Tennis Doubles, 6.0 out of

funny gay quotes. quotes, gay pride stuff,; quotes, gay pride stuff,. -aggie-. Apr 30, 10:14 PM
Considering it was released on April 5 (that's today), you either:
Malcster
Sep 12, 04:17 AM
I thought it was 5pm?
would be but were on BST (GMT+1) matey.
would be but were on BST (GMT+1) matey.

citizenzen
May 6, 10:08 AM
Go to a firing range and learn about guns, citizenzen- even if it scares and repulses you. Trust me, you'll be all the better for it, and you might learn something about yourself you never knew was there. After all, knowledge is power.
Here's a little knowledge. Try to empower yourself with it.
I've shot guns.
And yet ... somehow ... I'm not bewitched by the thrill of firearms.
I know. How is that even possible? :eek:
Here's a little knowledge. Try to empower yourself with it.
I've shot guns.
And yet ... somehow ... I'm not bewitched by the thrill of firearms.
I know. How is that even possible? :eek:
DMann
Jan 14, 01:45 AM
ha, that was pretty good. and true really...
they didn't release iwork and ilife probably b/c of Amazon putting it up on their website early
and now poor ol' Amazon has egg on its face:o
they didn't release iwork and ilife probably b/c of Amazon putting it up on their website early
and now poor ol' Amazon has egg on its face:o
leekohler
May 5, 05:00 PM
We can do both at the same time. Refusing to have very strict gun control is a result of the culture problem you described. Guns are enablers for our worse instincts in our culture. Why enable them to have such destructive consequences?
I never said anything about control, I'm talking about bans, which accomplish nothing. Many of the reasons we have huge problems with drugs are the same reasons we have problems with guns. I'm all for regulations, not for bans.
I never said anything about control, I'm talking about bans, which accomplish nothing. Many of the reasons we have huge problems with drugs are the same reasons we have problems with guns. I'm all for regulations, not for bans.
Abstract
Sep 25, 05:09 PM
Sorry, but Apple released Aperture BEFORE Adobe did the same with its app...so it's easier to have a clone of Apple's app, not the opposite...:rolleyes:

QUOTE (yeoldrocker @ Jul 2

He#39;s so funny with his gay

funny gay quotes. #quote #funny #really? #quote #funny #really? FF_productions. Aug 15, 01:20 PM. So far, Leopard is something I#39;m not willing to

news funny quotes pictures

funny gay quotes. Chuck+norris+funny+quotes; Chuck+norris+funny+quotes. jayducharme. Oct 6, 10:32 AM. The only drawback for Verizon is that they
H00513R
Apr 15, 01:51 PM
Using aluminum would hinder the cellular reception wouldn't it ?
Yep. Just like the iPad.
Yep. Just like the iPad.
ZipZap
May 4, 04:54 AM
North American cellular providers are anti-consumer, nickel & diming scumbags? Say it ain't so...
:rolleyes:
With this I agree...!
:rolleyes:
With this I agree...!
gkarris
Oct 17, 10:39 AM
Given the same quality decoding hardware, for most movies they shouldn't see any difference at all. Both support the same codecs (MPEG-2, h.264, and VC-1). The first Blu-Ray discs were encoded using MPEG-2, which produced a lower quality image than the VC-1-encoded HD-DVD discs, but newer Blu-Ray discs are using VC-1 as well. The picture should be identical between the two.
The only case I could see where the capacity would affect it would be for longer movies like Lord of the Rings, where the encoded video plus lossless audio may reach the boundaries of HD-DVD. We could conceivably see more compression artifacts or the dropping of higher-resolution audio or commentaries on HD-DVD in these cases, whereas Blu-Ray would have more space. But this shouldn't affect most titles.
Doesn't matter if they are now using the same codec. People's displays are messed up (component vs HDMI, version of HDMI, is the resolution REALLY 1080p?) as well as the players. As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing's messed up....
I posted this in this forum:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=236514
"Wow, I went online to see the pros and cons of each format. When someone posts a pro/con of one system, they post the rebuttle of it on the other....
Like, I heard that Blu-Ray only has MPEG-2 right now, but it is capable of MPEG-4 and studios backing both formats will start releasing Bluray in MPEG-4 since they have to encode the movie in that for HD-DVD anyways.... what about the current Bluray titles?
I heard that Sony does have the dual layer Blurays available, and hybrid DVD/BD available also...
I saw a post of a guy online who actually hooked up his Samsung to a massive HP 60"(?) monitor that actually takes 1080p/24 scan signal (I guess a lot of TVs will take only 1080i and will upscale it to 1080p inside the TV) and he says Bluray is great! Do people actually have this sort of monitor?
Then, there's this whole 1080p/24 discs and if you want 1080p/60 Bluray has to take 1080p/24 go to 1080i/60 then to 1080p/60... what?
Then, I heard that the HD-DVD players if you have a 720p set that the player will take a 1080i disc, down it to 480p, then up it to 720p. They recommend to make the player output 1080i and have your set take it down to 720p (which my projector won't do, it just takes any signal you give it and shows that).
Wow, I'm now sooooo confused, I'm going to watch my Laserdiscs and Betamax for a while....."
The only case I could see where the capacity would affect it would be for longer movies like Lord of the Rings, where the encoded video plus lossless audio may reach the boundaries of HD-DVD. We could conceivably see more compression artifacts or the dropping of higher-resolution audio or commentaries on HD-DVD in these cases, whereas Blu-Ray would have more space. But this shouldn't affect most titles.
Doesn't matter if they are now using the same codec. People's displays are messed up (component vs HDMI, version of HDMI, is the resolution REALLY 1080p?) as well as the players. As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing's messed up....
I posted this in this forum:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=236514
"Wow, I went online to see the pros and cons of each format. When someone posts a pro/con of one system, they post the rebuttle of it on the other....
Like, I heard that Blu-Ray only has MPEG-2 right now, but it is capable of MPEG-4 and studios backing both formats will start releasing Bluray in MPEG-4 since they have to encode the movie in that for HD-DVD anyways.... what about the current Bluray titles?
I heard that Sony does have the dual layer Blurays available, and hybrid DVD/BD available also...
I saw a post of a guy online who actually hooked up his Samsung to a massive HP 60"(?) monitor that actually takes 1080p/24 scan signal (I guess a lot of TVs will take only 1080i and will upscale it to 1080p inside the TV) and he says Bluray is great! Do people actually have this sort of monitor?
Then, there's this whole 1080p/24 discs and if you want 1080p/60 Bluray has to take 1080p/24 go to 1080i/60 then to 1080p/60... what?
Then, I heard that the HD-DVD players if you have a 720p set that the player will take a 1080i disc, down it to 480p, then up it to 720p. They recommend to make the player output 1080i and have your set take it down to 720p (which my projector won't do, it just takes any signal you give it and shows that).
Wow, I'm now sooooo confused, I'm going to watch my Laserdiscs and Betamax for a while....."
Electro Funk
Oct 28, 10:06 PM
They may think it's cracked, but they'll find that things like the tuning tables for Logic's software instruments are all out of tune rendering the instruments useless. I'll guess that there are many other subtle little things the developers do to purposely screw up Logic Pro when it's not run with the actual XSkey (dongle), even if someone attempts to use a virtual dongle as a substitute. I'm glad they do because it keeps the value in my investment.
you might be right ... im not sure... but this led me to do some more research and it appears that someone has it working... i wont post a link because it concerns piracy but this is one of his quotes...
"you can get to all the pro features in this one, just unforutnately not easily :s
For stuff like a SMPTE time ruler and big SMPTE transport display, you have to open an autoload with them already in the project. Same goes for project manager - you have to open an autoload (or just a normal project) with the project manager as a screenset. The reason this is different is with the 7.1 version, you get all the pro features just not the ways to get to them (hence me going on about shells and cores all the time).
So far, ive managed to get everything working the same as Pro except some key commands, and there doesnt seem to be an aliasing feature.
It looks like theres workarounds for everything, its just finding them. Eventually ill post up a project with all the missing Pro features in so everyone can just pick and choose what they want to use for their autoload.
The Plug-ins thing is kinda annoying, but im starting to get that to work as well. Basically, to get the instruments, you just have to do a bit of renaming and copying in the Contents>Resources folder if you open up the Logic Pro package - it reads all the instruments from there. You will see an EXS24 but it will show up as an EXS24P due to Express, so you can just install a standalone EXS24 using the installers that are all over the place and it will recognise it."
again... maybe he is ********ting, but many, many people were commenting after several of his posts thanking him for helping them get a fully functional express copy with all the pro features working for them as well...
Looks like you have to jump through many many hoops to get everything working, but he seems to have done it...
for what its worth, i dont condone this...
you might be right ... im not sure... but this led me to do some more research and it appears that someone has it working... i wont post a link because it concerns piracy but this is one of his quotes...
"you can get to all the pro features in this one, just unforutnately not easily :s
For stuff like a SMPTE time ruler and big SMPTE transport display, you have to open an autoload with them already in the project. Same goes for project manager - you have to open an autoload (or just a normal project) with the project manager as a screenset. The reason this is different is with the 7.1 version, you get all the pro features just not the ways to get to them (hence me going on about shells and cores all the time).
So far, ive managed to get everything working the same as Pro except some key commands, and there doesnt seem to be an aliasing feature.
It looks like theres workarounds for everything, its just finding them. Eventually ill post up a project with all the missing Pro features in so everyone can just pick and choose what they want to use for their autoload.
The Plug-ins thing is kinda annoying, but im starting to get that to work as well. Basically, to get the instruments, you just have to do a bit of renaming and copying in the Contents>Resources folder if you open up the Logic Pro package - it reads all the instruments from there. You will see an EXS24 but it will show up as an EXS24P due to Express, so you can just install a standalone EXS24 using the installers that are all over the place and it will recognise it."
again... maybe he is ********ting, but many, many people were commenting after several of his posts thanking him for helping them get a fully functional express copy with all the pro features working for them as well...
Looks like you have to jump through many many hoops to get everything working, but he seems to have done it...
for what its worth, i dont condone this...
goosnarrggh
Nov 17, 10:02 AM
Maybe if your idea of "traditionally" ignores most of the last quarter-century or so...
AMD's 386 and 486 clones were always cheaper than Intel's, and they always at least matched the clock-for-clock performance of Intel's direct counterparts.
AMD's 386 and 486 clones were always cheaper than Intel's, and they always at least matched the clock-for-clock performance of Intel's direct counterparts.
Calidude
Apr 16, 05:15 PM
Yeah, on Friday nights her boyfriend spends all his time on the internet obsessing over gay people. That has to do a lot for her self esteem. ;)
Personal attacks are very mature.
Personal attacks are very mature.
blahblah100
Oct 7, 06:34 PM
Except Verizon does that too!!!!
About 2 months ago I paid an early termination fee and gave up my iPhone because of the dropped calls. I have a Blackberry on Verizon, and consume about 800 minutes a month (peak times, not nights and weekends) and close to 200MB of bandwidth.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
About 2 months ago I paid an early termination fee and gave up my iPhone because of the dropped calls. I have a Blackberry on Verizon, and consume about 800 minutes a month (peak times, not nights and weekends) and close to 200MB of bandwidth.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
Al Coholic
Mar 28, 02:46 PM
The people have already voted...
It's called the "Top Grossing" category.
It's called the "Top Grossing" category.
drsmithy
Nov 19, 07:46 AM
AMD's 386 and 486 clones were always cheaper than Intel's, and they always at least matched the clock-for-clock performance of Intel's direct counterparts.
But back in those days, Intel always had a faster CPU on the market somewhere. Eg: when AMD's 386s were at 40Mhz (vs Intel's 33), Intel had 486s. When AMD's first 486s came out, Intel had 486DX2s, when AMD's clock-multiplied 486s appeared, Intel had the Pentium. Etc.
AMD having the fastest chip on the market - which they only did for about 50% of the last 5 years, despite their general dominance - is very much a blip on the radar.
AMD have, however, often ruled the price/performance ratio at the lower, end, I'll grant - but in that market they have been plagued by buggy chipsets and cheap, low-quality motherboards. VIA has done more to hurt AMD's acceptance in the mainstream than Intel could ever have hoped to do.
But back in those days, Intel always had a faster CPU on the market somewhere. Eg: when AMD's 386s were at 40Mhz (vs Intel's 33), Intel had 486s. When AMD's first 486s came out, Intel had 486DX2s, when AMD's clock-multiplied 486s appeared, Intel had the Pentium. Etc.
AMD having the fastest chip on the market - which they only did for about 50% of the last 5 years, despite their general dominance - is very much a blip on the radar.
AMD have, however, often ruled the price/performance ratio at the lower, end, I'll grant - but in that market they have been plagued by buggy chipsets and cheap, low-quality motherboards. VIA has done more to hurt AMD's acceptance in the mainstream than Intel could ever have hoped to do.
ct2k7
Apr 23, 01:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)
How would they acquire the data? How would they know this is a young person they actually want to follow? Couldn't they just follow them home from somewhere? Does the person need to lose their phone for a danger to occur? Does this paedophile need to have a phone with them?
The tracking that is occurring is by cell tower identification when someone is in range of one. Will the paedophile have access to a spy satellite to zero in on the exact location of an individual?
I'm still not buying it.
Oh lord,
Over here, there was a pedophile, who used elaborate means, e.g key logging and malware to track down the exact locations of his/her prey.
How would they acquire the data? How would they know this is a young person they actually want to follow? Couldn't they just follow them home from somewhere? Does the person need to lose their phone for a danger to occur? Does this paedophile need to have a phone with them?
The tracking that is occurring is by cell tower identification when someone is in range of one. Will the paedophile have access to a spy satellite to zero in on the exact location of an individual?
I'm still not buying it.
Oh lord,
Over here, there was a pedophile, who used elaborate means, e.g key logging and malware to track down the exact locations of his/her prey.